Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation Review | I caved on my ban

Hey guys,

So as you can probably guess from the title, this will be a review on the Match perfection foundation, I am yet to try the wake me up foundation as everywhere I've gone to get it hasn't had a shade light enough for my pasty self and I'm beginning to think they don't sell one light enough yet so I will wait until summer.

So moving away from my pale problems, the foundation. Firstly it smells amazing! I really don't like the smell of most foundations and I know that shouldn't effect my judgement because its the coverage that matters but wow this one smells like I poured my perfume in there! So that's a great thing for me.

Secondly it's a great match for me. I got it in the shade light porcelain which is the lightest of the 12 shade range, which is the largest range of foundation colours I've seen in ages from a drugstore brand(minus Revlon and Bourjois of course but they are on the high end side of drug store if you ask me). Because its winter I am very pale so this is great but when it gets to summer I will definitely repurchase a different shade from the range because I'm sure my mew shade will be there.

Now on to coverage and consistency. It is quite wet and applies really well with my fingers or with a brush and it looks like im not wearing anything which is a look i like. It covers a lot of my redness straight away and on 'good skin days ' I don't need to use as much concealer. It's quite buildable, I'd say 2 pumps is too much for day to day for me but is great for long days out or occasions wear I'm wearing more make up in general.

Overall I really like it and have been wearing it everyday since I got it. Has it replaced my beloved No.7 Stay perfect? No I love that foundation and knowing my shade I'd like to try more from No.7 but since that foundation is £14 and I'm with little money, I'd say its great for being on a budget and find its almost a dupe, consistency and colour wise throughout the range and I'm sure you could match many of the Rimmel shades to the No.7 ones.

So I'm going to give it a 9/10 because it could be a tiny bit thicker

Speak soon,
Char xx
Ps more reviews coming soon so look out for them:)
Twitter

Popular Posts