American Haul | Make Up

So as you may know from previous posts I just got back from America. It was a great experience and I had a lovely time. I've had to split my shopping in two as I bought a bit too much ( the prices were so inviting) so this is the make up.

The first shop I went to was Mac. I'd been debating whether to get a new lipstick for a while and the fact the price was almost half the uk price converted I couldn't stop myself, I bought Lady Danger, an matte orange toned red, it's quite bold but is a great all year colour.

Next I went to CVS and Target to browse the 'drugstore'. I can't exactly remember which bits are from where but I know I didn't find elf in the branch of CVS I went to, if it is normally available there is a mystery to me. Firstly I picked up a couple more maybelline colour tattoos in bad to the bronze and barely beige. Both such easy colours to wear on an everyday basis but the bronze shade can be smoked out really nicely which is what I've done on a couple of occasions. Continuing on the maybelline front, I picked up the falsies big eyes. I have never got on well with their mascaras as  plastic wands really hurt my eyes and I end up with scratches on my tight line but this mascara has been amazing and I really like it. the last eye product I got was from covergirl which i believe to be the owner and US equivalent of Max factor. i really love the new wild collection from max factor and had been interested to try the shadow crayons but hadn't got round to buying one in the UK but i bout the covergirl version in a bronzey/cool toned brown. unfortunately i don't the shade name as it came of with the plastic packaging.

the last make up thing i bought that was a product not a tool was the NYC sunny bronzer, it is slightly orange when swatched on your fingers but applies very sheerly and gives me a great glow. i tend to stay away from bronzers as they always look too muddy or ashy but this one is sheer enough for me to not go overboard and keep my tan up while london weather begins to get a little bleaker. the last things i bought were 3 Elf brushes, i got a blending, concealer and small stippling brush. i haven't planned on using the concealer brush for its original purpose and prefer using this as a detailing brush for smudging shadow under my eye for grungey/smokey looks or using it with a black shadow for a softer eye liner. so far I've been loving all 3 and for $5 for the 3 i couldn't ask for anything more out of them.

that's the last of the make up, i may do a clothes haul as well, let me know if you'd like to see that too.

Char xx

NB: the upload speed was incredibly slow with pictures so check back in the next week or so for swatches.

Popular Posts