Sunday, 12 June 2016

A Year in Photos



I feel like my least year of school has been a whirlwind of emotions. Not only has it been a year of making the most of the time I’ve had left with people I’ve grown up with, but it has also been a year of decisions. Deciding what Universities and courses I wanted to apply for and ensuring I work hard enough to be able to achieve the grades necessary to get into my firm choice has taken up the majority of my time, hence no blogging. 
Despite this I have made some amazing memories during this year (September to Now) and thought the best way to document this was through many… many… many photos and snapchat videos. A lot of the things that I have done have been truly unforgettable but to summarise it all, here is my year in photos.  



So these first two pictures represent the first of my 'last ever...' moments. As it was our last year, many of the girls form the Senior Prefect Team helped out at the school Christmas fair. It was so strange to think that many years ago it was my dad who played Santa in the grotto and I went in not even realising, to this moment, where we were playing Santa's elves and making that magic moment for the little ones ourselves!



The photos above come from the Year 13 Christmas Panto production of 'Cinder-Zoella'. At my school, the tradition is that the panto has an underlying message of christmas, with the characters reflecting that year group or 'current pop culture'. I've sat through plays inspired by Harry Potter and Twilight and Mean Girls, but our year used Cinderella, Disney, Kardashians and Youtube as its core, a fun but stressful few weeks led to an amazing final performance that we all enjoyed.


The sixth form trip ice skating wasn't shared with the whole year, but was definitely a fun, cold bonding experience.


This photo from new years eve is one of many that were taken throughout the night. Ringing in the new year with some of my oldest and closest friends around me was all I could ask for!



#

My 18th birthday was probably one of my favourites I've ever had. Mostly because I finally felt I'd reached a point where I was able to be myself and feel confident. these 3 photos are all from my party. I was and still am obsessed with the Motel Rocks dress that I wore, and can't wait to be able to wear it again!


Here I am holding Rosie the tarantula at London Zoo on a psychology trip. I don't necessarily have many fears that I can think of until I am in the situation itself, and this was a moment I realised that. Holding Rosie was something that seemed so frightening at the time, but it felt amazing to conquer a fear I never knew existed.


A large achievement I made this April was getting a place on a work experience programme I had wanted to do for a while. This was one of the views from the offices and to me this acts as a reminder of the possibilities there can be from giving something a go. (cringey I know I know, but isn't that what this post is)


This is a photo of what is known at my school as Handover Day, whereby the senior prefect positions are handed down to the year below, so they can start their 'year in office'. It was a bittersweet day, but I couldn't be prouder of those who will be filling in next year. 





This final set of photos are from my last ever week of school, where we had a dress up week. Multicultural Monday, Toddler Tuesday, On Wednesdays we wear pink and Theatrical Thursday. I must say my favourite of the lot was thursday, as Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn has been a costume I'd wanted to do for a while, and it the perfect opportunity.