Birthday post #3 | Haul

Hey guys,

So as you may have seen in my Birthday post #2that I have bought a few bits and pieces in brick lane and I have also been shopping over the last couple weeks These are kind of related to what I had on my  Wishlistor a lot of things similar that didn't quite make my top 10.

So the first and probably the most exciting for me, was my first MAC purchase! I've been looking at the lipsticks for a while and was debating between 3 or 4 colours but decided on this one because I thought it would be nice to have my first purchase as a limited edition. I chose the Viva Glam Nicki shade. It's a bright barbie pink with coral undertones. I'd say a very similar colour and a very near dupe is shade 16 of the Rimmel Kate Moss original lipstick range. Once on for around an hour it becomes a lot more subtle than it first seems. I don't know much about the different types of lipstick but it's a satin, and when swatching in the shop I found it hard to choose between a satin or cremesheen colour.

The next thing I bought that day was a vintage shirt from a market stall. It's a monochrome paisley print and is long sleeved with quite loose sleeves that sinches in at the cuffs. As soon as I saw it I instantly fell in love with it and although its missing a button at the bottom, it's unnoticeable and for £10 was well worth it. Something similar on the high street would have been around £45 so a one of a kind shirt for £10 is much better.

The next things I got when I was out with a friend, the only reason we went out was because we both wanted to have a little make up shop and wanted to try something new. Whilst I was there I picked up a concealer because it gives me something I could review for you all.

So I bought the Rimmel BB cream in light, it's quite new in the market and was a perfect match for me in the shop. I think it seems like a great product and for under £5 ( normally £6.99 but it's been reduced in boots) is a complete bargain. I haven't seen many reviews on it, this may be due to the shade range being very small. However my friend who is even lighter than me tried it and it was just as good a match. It claims a lot so be sure to see it in coming posts.

The next thing I bought is the Maybelline DreamLumi touch in 01 ivory, I know Collection and L'Oreal have similar products but this version is the one I've heard the best things about. I have been trying quite a few different concealers over the last few months because I've been trying to find the best type for me, I have never used anything but cover sticks of various brands and they work great for me, but some leave my skin feeling dry and I feel like some build up in your pores and looking worse than without the make up! This one seems quite light so let's hope it's all good.

The next few things were from boots from a day in London and were things I've been eyeing up for a while and was just waiting until I had money so I could snap them up. The first is the Maybelline colour tattoo 24 hour stay cream eyeshadow in pink gold. It's a shimmery baby pink that is so pretty on. I don't usually like shimmer but this is amazing and great as a base. It really is long wearing and is a great dupe for the Mac or Benefit paint pots who do larger selections of colours but are 7-10pounds dearer.

The next was my usual liquid eyeliner which is Maybelline master-precise pen eye liner in noir. It's really easy to apply and I have recently been switching between this one and the 'liner express' liner also from Maybelline because its slightly wetter and longer lasting. Both under £7 and amazing quality.

Staying with the topic of eyes I finally got my hands on the Rimmel scandaleyes kajal pencil in nude. I've seen so many reviews on blogs and YouTube and it was so nice to be able to try it. I can only wear it when wearing mascara as it only brightens up my eyes when I wear it like that. I have also like wearing it just under the flick of my winged liner because it widens my eyes further and makes the flick look more precise.

I then went shopping last week and used up some vouchers and birthday money. First stop was primark. I got a plain white vest peplum top. £4 for something that will constantly be on the wash from now on, such a bargain!

The next shop was H and M, I got a plain white shirt with see through panels at the shoulders, it's a basic and can be worn all year round because it is so versatile. The second thing I bought was a pink dress. I don't wear dresses much but thought this one would be good to dress up or down. It has a lace back and will be good for the transition to spring.

We then went to superdrug. I had to stop myself from buying the whole set of 10 new lipsticks from Sleek. I really like them but ended up buying a blush. They are a really good size, very pigmented and a handbag essential because of the large mirror. I decided to get the colour flamingo, I was debating between that and pomegranate but decided that pomegranate was a bit too dark and I didn't want the blush to have shimmer because I prefer to add any shimmer with a highlighter. Great quality and surprisingly cheap at £4.49 .

The final purchase of the day was an essential for me. The Rimmel stay matte powder. It's really good and a little goes a long way in my experience with it.

So that's it for my haul, for now, I'm thinking of going on a bit of a spending ban, I know I haven't bought lots of expensive things but things here and there really do add up! The only time ill be spending anytime soon will be on food!

So that's all for now,
Speak soon,

Char xx



Popular Posts